3 Cups of Milk
3 Large Eggs
¾ cup Sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose Flour
2 Tablespoon Butter
2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract Medium-size ripe bananas
1 (1lb) package of Nutter Butter cookies
2 cups Sweetened Whipped Cream
Garnishes : Peanut Butter sandwich cookies, dried banana chips, fresh mint sprigs
- Whisk together Milk, Eggs, Sugar and Flour in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, whisking constantly, 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened (The pudding has thickened enough when you stir with a spoon and it leaves a distinct trail in the mixture). Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted.
- Fill a large bowl with ice. Place saucepan on ice and let stand for 30 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly chilled, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut bananas into ¼-inch slices. Break Cookies into thirds.
- Spoon half of pudding mixture into a 3-quart bowl or pitcher. Top with bananas and cookies. Spoon remaining pudding mixture over bananas and cookies. Top with Sweetened whipped cream.
- Cover and chill for 2 – 24 hours, garnish is desired.